The Prism is a stripped down racing compass. Class legal anywhere an electronic compass is legal, the Prism provides superior accuracy, and a massive display all in an ultralight, compact package.
Lightweight - at a mere 137g (4.8oz) it is the world's lightest racing compass - the most popular alternative is 153g
Massive Digits - The Prism's sunlight-readable, high-contrast LCD screen features 29.8mm (1.1") tall digits in a font that's optimised for readability. This means that if your boat's under 40ft long you'll be able to mount the Prism on your mast and read it easily from anywhere in the cockpit or side deck, even if you don't have perfect vision.
Ultra-Wide Viewing Angle - With 250˚ of visibility, the Prism LCD's can be easily read from the helm to the trapeze wire.
Flexible & Secure Mounting - The Prism mounts to your boat via the slide-in cradle. The Prism Cradle can be mounted to a wide array of brackets, directly to a mast using the centreline holes and the Mast Bracket Hardware Kit, or directly to a bulkhead. Velocitek have even included recesses in the cradle in case you need to lash your compass in place.
- 3-axis solid state compass
- Solar powered
- Weight - 137g (4.8oz)
- Height - 55mm (2.2")
- Width - 118mm (4.6")
- Depth - 67mm (2.6")
- Class Legal - The Prism uses only magnetic input as it's heading reference, has no memory, no user inputs and performs no arithmetic functions. It's legal to use in all classes that allow electronic compasses
- Heading repeatability - +/- 0.5˚
- Viewing angles - 250˚
- Display update rate - 4Hz (four times a second)
- Water resistance - Complete immersion for 30 minutes at 3m (10ft) (IPX8)
- Display - 29.8mm (1.1") digit height 250˚ viewing cone
- Battery - 600mA
- Warranty - Two years
What's in the box:
- Velocitek Prism
- Mounting Cradle
- Quick start guide
- EVA storage case
Pre-Order Now - Available from April 2018