The Velocitek ProStart Version 1 was designed to make life simple at the start gun with all the bells you needed and upgraded in 2020.
Velocitek's goal in designing the ProStart was to make sure that the product would never undermine your crew’s performance with unnecessary distractions during the pre-start.
The front surface of the ProStart is reserved for the three most important start-related buttons: the pin, boat and gun buttons. The large size of these buttons makes them easy to press, even with gloved hands and easy to find in the midst of chaos. Big numbers make the instrument easy to read with a quick glance and helps you keep your attention focused outside the boat.
- Countdown Timer - With the ProStart, when you hear or see any type of start signal it’s the always the same drill: just hit the GUN button. If the timer isn’t running, it will start. If the timer is running it will sync. Synced to the wrong signal? No problem; the ProStart lets you independently adjust the number of minutes on the timer while the seconds keep on rolling.
- Maximum Speed Recall - Recall your session’s absolute maximum and best 10 second average speeds with the click of a single clearly-marked button.
- GPS Data Logging - In addition to providing you real-time, on-the-water data, the ProStart constantly records your speed, heading and position to keep a running log of your most recent 30 hours of sailing. Once you get back to shore you can download this data to your Mac or PC and create race replay animations.
- Waterproof - The ProStart has been tested to IPX-8, the most rigorous industrial water-resistance standard. This means that you can count on the ProStart to survive wipeout after epic wipeout.
- Mount Anywhere - Each ProStart comes packaged with a mounting cradle that can be bolted to the ProStart Mast Mounting Bracket or directly to a bulkhead. The cradle is also compatible with any bracket designed for the Tacktick Micro Compass.
- Race Mode - Displays heading, speed and wind shift indicator, updated twice a second. Each wind shift indicator bar graph segment represents 2.5° of deviation from the initial tack angle.
- Start Mode - Displays timer, distance-to-line and distance-to-line bar graph, updated twice a second. Each distance-to-line bar graph segment represents 10m.
- Speed Accuracy: ±0.2 Knots
- Heading Resolution: 1°
- Display Update Rate: 2Hz (twice a second)
- Water Resistance: 3m / 10 ft (IPX8)
- Display: 30mm / 1.18” digit height 120° viewing cone
- Data Logger: Lat, Long, Time, Speed, and Heading recorded every 2 seconds, 30hr capacity. Data download is compatible with Mac OS X and Windows
- Batteries: 3 x AA, 20+ hr endurance, rechargeable or disposable
- Dimensions: 120mm x 175mm x 40mm / 4.72” x 6.89” x 1.57”
- Weight Including Batteries: 448g / 0.99lb
- Bracket Compatibility: Velocitek ProStart Mast Bracket or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket.